The mission of CESA #4 Digital Learning Consulting and Professional Development is to assist school districts in their strategic digital learning plans to meet the needs of 21st century learners through effective and purposeful use of technology.
The goals of this program are to:
- Promote and encourage effective use of current technologies for the improvement of instruction and student achievement (i.e., online learning management systems, cloud computing applications—Google Apps, mobile learning, chromebooks, and interactive whiteboards)
- Provide consulting and technical assistance to districts in designing, planning, and implementing a wide range of technology applications in education including their Information (Library Media) and Technology Plans supported in a sustained, research-based, relevant environment
- Coordinate and support ongoing staff development initiatives through agency and consortia grants
- Collaborate with other CESA #4 projects (Response to Intervention, Personalized Learning, Educator Effectiveness, Title I, Assistive Technology Initiative, STEM, Early Childhood, and Gifted and Talented) in the integration of technologies into classroom instruction
- Collaborate with higher education institutions in the implementation of technology integration activities for pre-service educators and continuing education programs
Professional development topics are based on participant and district feedback:
- Technology Integration Instructional Strategies
- Google Apps for Education Suite
- Mobile Learning
- Digital Tools for Formative Assessments
- Flipped Learning Strategies and Tools
- Personalized Learning through Technology
- Open Education Resource (OER) Options
- Digital Learning Planning (formerly Tech Plans)
- Copyright, Creative Commons, and Plagiarism
- Integrating the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) Standards for Students, Teacher, Coaches, and Administrators
- Digital Storytelling (Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts)
- Digital Tools for Educators
- SMART® Technologies
- Online Book Study opportunities
- Other topics based on district requests
Digital Learning Consulting and Professional Development services are eligible under the TEACH 2.0 Teacher Training Consortium Grant.
Level 1 – Basic Service
CESA #4-Based Workshops and Professional Learning Opportunities.
Purchased ala carte, each hands-on, standards-aligned technology integration workshop
costs $150. With this package, districts enjoy more favorable pricing and flexibility
to utilize the seats based on district technology integration proficiency needs.
1A. 10 seat package
1B. 20 seat package
Level 2 – Customized In-District Professional Learning
This additional service option allows districts to arrange customized professional learning opportunities as identified from technology planning assessments, specifically aligned to district’s strategic and digital learning plans. This service offers qualified and trained digital learning CESA #4 personnel on site during operating hours to assist, train, and support staff in technology integration proficiencies.
For more information contact:
Digital Learning Director
(608) 786-4827; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
Fax: (608) 786-4801
(608) 786-4832; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
FAX (608) 786-4801