The Special Education Director Services program provides an array of on-site and CESA #4-based support options that may be tailored to meet the specific needs of District Administrators, Directors of Pupil Services and/or Special Education, Designees, building Principals, and staff.
Services result from individual district needs for a district-assigned Director of Special Education/Pupil Services for the management and direction of Special Education departments and Pupil Services within that district for short– or long-term durations.
Level 2 - Customized Service
How can this service benefit your district?
Customized Service is designed to provide consultation and technical assistance for Special Education services in specific short-term areas of need. This level of service is meant to provide support to a district’s DPI-identified Pupil Services and/or Special Education Director/Designee. Services include but are not limited to:
- Site visits to review programs, identify district needs, and advise administrators regarding changes
- Dissemination of informational updates through various means to keep district personnel informed about new Special Education regulations, guidelines, and requirements
- Provision of specific technical assistance on procedural issues and policy development, SPP, and LPP data
- Provision of in-district services (e.g. in-service presentations, program evaluations, advisory committee or school board presentations)
- Assistance with the State Performance Plan and local education plans, analysis of Special Education data, Self-Assessment, and DPI Continuous Improvement Focused Monitoring
- Provision of legal interpretations for administrators and directors on specific Special Education issues
- Assistance in the recruitment and selection of Special Education staff
- Provision of targeted support in Special Education performance Indicator improvements
For more information contact:
Director of Special Education
(608) 786-4850; (800) 514-3075
FAX (608) 786-4801
(608) 786-4840; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
FAX (608) 786-4801