2016-2017 Early Childhood Network
Grow Your Gifts: What Makes You Great?
Hosted by Diane Eickmeier and Jen Kalis
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here is the link to the blog spot
that we will be using for ECN this year:
Credit takers will be posting their comments here
instead of sending us individual emails.
October 6, 2016
November 17, 2016
January 12, 2017
February 23, 2017
May 11, 2017
4:00pm-7:00pm - Registration at 3:30 pm
CESA #4, Heritage Room
FREE! Includes light supper
VIEW FLYER WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION
(1) credit available through UW-L upon receipt of tuition payment
$110.00 due first day of workshop
Prearranged absences are appreciated!
The WI Model Early Learning Standards along with Wisconsin Academic Standards (formerly referred to as Common Core state Standards) provide a
framework for professionals to:
- Share a common language and responsibility for the well-being of children from birth to first grade;
- Know and understand developmental expectations of young children;
- Understand the connection among the foundations of early childhood, K-12 educational experiences, and lifelong learning.
This series offers anyone working with young children in school- or community-based settings the opportunity to come together and to gather research-based and developmentally appropriate ideas and philosophies intended to help you grow as a professional.
Using When Play Isn’t Easy as a resource, series objectives are:
- Challenging Behaviors : Addressing standards through play and what to do when a child experiences difficulties during play
- Playing To Learn: a focus on literacy
- Intentional Teaching: Math and science exploration
- Advocacy & Family Engagement: Responding to families, colleagues, directors/principals, funders about how children learn through play; preparing your elevator speech
- Team Work! Teaching Little Kids Is a BIG job! Collaboration with paraprofessionals, teachers, volunteers, support staff, etc.
For more information contact:
Early Childhood Program Support Teacher
(608) 786-4844; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
Jen Kalis, M.S.E.
Early Childhood Director
Response to Intervention (RtI) Statewide Coordinator
(608) 786-4810; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
(608) 786-4840; Toll Free (800) 514-3075