CESA #4 is dedicated in helping school districts begin and continue their journey in building PLCs in their district. We will help each school change their focus from what is being taught to what students are learning.
Level 1A—Building Professional Learning Communities in Our Schools
All Professional Learning Community workshops will be based on Dr. Richard DuFour’s research and development disseminated through Solution Tree.
- Two full-days of Leadership Camp. This camp will support the implementation process of building a Professional Learning Community in your school/district
- One site-based visit will be customized to the school/district’s needs
- Each participant will receive Learning by Doing 2nd Edition
- Audience: Leadership teams consisting of six to eight people that include at least one administrator and a diverse cross section of the school/district staff
Level 1B—Small Schools' Professional Learning Communities
This service is aimed at districts/schools that have begun the PLC journey but have singleton teachers wanting to connect with other teachers with the same content and courses.
The goal of the Small Schools' PLC will be to develop Essential Learning Outcomes, Common Summative Assessments, and network with others through face-to-face meetings. In addition, Small Schools' PLCs will be encouraged to meet virtually.
- One day overview meeting to help all members establish norms and facilitate team-building for your PLC
- Two days to meet face-to-face during the school year for continuous networking and PLC growth
- One-half day for administrators and/or PLC leaders to establish tight/loose needs of the PLC across districts and how to facilitate an online learning community
- CESA #4 personnel will help monitor and facilitate the online community, provide support for PLC best practices, and other technical assistance
- Each team will receive a copy of "How to Develop PLC's for Singletons and Small Schools" by Aaron Hansen
Districts that have not had formal PLC training are encouraged to purchase Level 1A Basic Services along with this package.
(At least two  districts need to purchase in order to make the digital PLN function most effectively.)
Level 2—Customized Service—Administrative Leadership Teams only: Building and Sustaining Professional Learning Communities
It is with this training and support from the CESA #4 staff that the Administrative team takes an active role in leading their district in this journey.
- Quarterly half-day on-site Administrative PLC trainings throughout the school year
- These trainings will allow administrators to build their knowledge and understanding of the PLC framework prior to working with their staff
- Trainings will be customized to fit the needs of the Administrative Team
Level 3—District-Based Leadership Service
This support will be offered at the district site or at CESA #4 to better implement the PLC process as it was built in Levels 1 and 2. Examples include:
- Using CESA #4 directors as PLC process observers
- CESA #4 directors can work with leadership team to plan agendas for PLC teams
- CESA #4 directors can do a PLC Audit for a district or school to identify where to begin their journey
- CESA #4 directors can customize professional development in order to best fit district or school needs to create high functioning PLCs.
For more information, contact:
(608) 786-4833; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
FAX (608) 786-4801
(608) 786-4831; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
FAX (608) 786-4801