Special Education Electronic Data System
SEEDS4Schools® is a web-based application available to authorized users with any Internet-connected device. Its purpose is to support the generation of forms and collection of information required in the IEP and related processes as well as customized reports, School-Based Services reimbursement, and school district billing. Districts choosing SEEDS4Schools® for their Special Education data processing will receive technical support; database administration; representation at quarterly partner meetings involving CESA’s #3, 4, 5, 6, and 10 and enhancement/refresher trainings throughout the school year for both directors/designees/secretaries, and teaching staff.
Membership fees for continuing S4S partners are based on a formula using a flat database fee and enrollment calculations. The fees will be billed monthly beginning in September 2016.
How can this service benefit your district?
- S4S provides an efficient means of compiling data for state and federal reports, class lists, referral statistics, and monitoring the progress of evaluations
- S4S permits Special Education staff to develop standardized IEPs and related forms fully compliant with DPI on a secure yet easily-accessible web-based program
- S4S has validations in place to assist districts with self-assessment
- CESA #4 Special Education staff provides additional levels of support including tech support, annual caseload rollover assistance, and trainings of district staff when needed at no additional cost!
- Accommodations for Smarter Balanced/Badger Exam, ACT, ACT Aspire, and DLM assessments are available in the IEP
- S4S interfaces smoothly with Kompas Care for Medicaid billing on a weekly basis but S4S districts are not restricted to this MA service provider!
New consortium partners are encouraged to contact the CESA #4 SEEDS4Schools® Director for details on initial database setup and training!
- 14 of 26 CESA #4 districts currently use SEEDS4Schools®
- When students transfer in from other SEEDS districts, their data comes with them and does not have to be re-entered into the S4S system.
- It’s not a system after-thought or “add on” - it’s a system built by individuals who use it daily in districts and enhanced by user requests!
- SEEDS is used in 29% of Wisconsin districts (124). It has spread to districts by staff recommendations—just ask your SPED staff!
For more information, please contact:
Lillian Rider, Director
(608) 786-4853; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
Fax: (608) 786-4801
(608) 786-4840; Toll Free (800) 514-3075
Fax: (608) 786-4801