Wisconsin Virtual School (WVS) is a provider that partners with school districts throughout the state to offer online education to middle and high school students. Wisconsin Virtual School is a partner in the Wisconsin Digital Learning Collaborative (WDLC) as designated by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Operated out of CESA #9, WVS is a solution for any school that wants to offer online courses to its local students in grades 6-12. Because we are a supplemental online course provider, your students remain in YOUR district and are counted as YOUR students. WVS does not award credits or diplomas to students. Districts maintain control of local enrollments and policies concerning eligibility for WVS classes, and credits awarded. WVS can be your resource for local policy development. With WVS, districts can offer online options to their students with minimal cost and time.
- Statewide and state-led supplemental online course provider
- Expand online and blended learning opportunities for ALL learners
- WVS serves students for expanded offerings, credit deficits, schedule conflicts, homebound, expelled, accelerated, home schooled, summer school options, and others
- No membership fees or contracts to sign with WVS
- Local district control over enrollments and policies
- Over 100 high school courses, 19 AP courses, 3 dual enrollment courses, middle school, credit recovery, world languages, and electives
- WVS provides Wisconsin certified teachers, content, platform, technical support, local digital planning support, and much more
- WVS offers a blended learning solution in which you can utilize your OWN teachers and our support with content, learning management system, and student registration.
- WDLC is a partnership between DPI, WVS/CESA #9, and WEN (Wisconsin eSchool Network).
For more information visit the website at www.wisconsinvirtualschool.org or call 715-453-1953 for a district visit.
Dawn Nordine, CESA #9